Berba is an online platform that allows thousands of native translators to work with the assistance of Artificial Intelligence to translate digital content faster and with better quality.
We are a young, growing team of motivated entrepreneurs ready to take on new challenges. We hail from 4 different countries, have lived in 12, and can speak 7 different languages, so international communication is in our DNA. We want to work with likeminded people who are motivated and passionate about what they do as well.
We are growing fast, and we need someone to join our product team. As one of the earlier members of a growing startup, you will be surrounded by motivated, fast-paced professionals in one of Bilbao’s most dynamic startup hubs: Biworking with the option to work up to 100% remotely. We’re closing our next round of investment, which means we have many exciting projects in the works to take our product to the next level.
If you rise to the challenge, you will become the right-hand person to our CPO with the potential to be promoted to VP of UX at Berba.
About the job
You are a natural problem-solver with a passion for understanding the complexity of human motivations and behaviors.
As a UX Designer at Berba you will partner with multidisciplinary teams to understand, craft, prototype, measure and improve internal and external user’s experiences.
What you will do:
- Research: dive deep into a problem space, generating hypotheses, developing research briefings and performing generative research, both quantitative and qualitative.
- Conceptualize: turn research insights into user experiences, designing information architectures, navigation systems, wireframes, and specifying functionality through user stories.
- Implement: create interactive prototypes based on design systems and perform evaluative research, such as usability tests.
You will bring to the table:
- 3+ years of experience in user experience design.
- Ability to present design rationale to our teams and clients. You can articulate the ‘why’ and lead discussions around your process, explorations, and conclusions.
- Strong knowledge of UX principles and best practices, including understanding when and where different methodologies and techniques should be incorporated into the process.
- Knowledge of how to facilitate workshops. You’re comfortable leading a room, getting people aligned, and crafting ways to engage a group while surfacing the most important details.
- Great knowledge of how to build design systems, define UI patterns and work smarter around technical limitations
- Experience designing responsive websites and for multiple platforms such as Android and iOS.
- Experience improving processes and user journeys as well as websites
- Proven hands-on experience in qualitative and quantitative user research methods.
- Prototyping knowledge in Figma or similar tools.
- Basic understanding of CSS & HTML, and experience working closely with development teams.
- Great level of English: you speak English fluently and you are able to discuss and understand highly technical requirements with international teams.
- It would be interesting to provide a strong portfolio showcasing your work in UX and Product Design.
Extra credit if you:
- Have UX copywriting knowledge.
- Have experience working in Agile environments.
- Are passionate about trends and developments in design & technology.
Why would you choose us?
- 👩🏽🏫 Because we always hire better people than us.
- 🎯 Because this is an opportunity to make a huge impact in the company in just a few months’ time.
- 🌊 Because we love transparency and we hate bureaucracy.
- 🌍 Because we are a remote-friendly company, and we truly believe in the philosophy of flexibility & responsibility.
- 🎉 Because you won’t find a better place to be challenged and be part of a fun team at the same time.
- 💰 Because we think that quality work deserves to be compensated. We can offer you around 40K salary(depending on seniority).
- 💥 Because you are an empowered team member with the autonomy to deliver value and to propose improvements from a business point of view.
- 🔤 Because we are changing the translation industry, and you will be a vital part of it.
We are looking forward to hearing from you! Please, send us an email and we will contact you back.
Please make sure to include the following in your email:
- Subject: UX Designer
- Tell us a bit about yourself
- Why are you interested in this position?
- Why do you think you are a good fit for this position?
- Your resume as an attachment
- Any links you consider relevant.