What we do
Berba is an online platform that allows thousands of native translators to work with the assistance of Artificial Intelligence to translate digital content faster and with better quality.
We are a young, growing team of motivated entrepreneurs ready to take on new challenges. We hail from 4 different countries, have lived in 12, and can speak 7 different languages, so international communication is in our DNA. We want to work with likeminded people who are motivated and passionate about what they do as well.
We are growing fast, and we need someone to join our Project Management team. Your job will be to produce quotes and invoices, contact clients and translators and manage projects from start to finish.
As a one of the earlier members of a growing startup, you will be surrounded by fast-paced professionals in one of Bilbao’s most dynamic startup hubs: Innolab.
- Advanced knowledge of editing software (Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Adobe…)
- Knowledge of basic website content management systems (especially WordPress)
- Knowledge of translation tools (translation memories, glossaries…)
- Good communication skills
- Ability to follow our processes and methodologies, while suggesting improvements
- Proactive approach
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise
- Analytical and structured problem solving
- Native level in Spanish and advanced skills in English
In this role, you will:
- Analyze files using translation memory tools
- Deliver high-quality projects on time, within budget and to client’s expectations
- Post-edit documents of varying formats or enter translations into websites using a variety of technological solutions
- Work with product team to solve technological problems related to document processing and post-editing (e.g. issues with OCR tools, poor end-document output, etc.)
- Quote and invoice projects accurately
- Maintain accurate project documentation
- Attend to any concerns or comments from both translators and clients, as well as communicate any changes requested by the client to the translator
- Monitor and control the status of projects
- Juggle multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Understand and follow individual project instructions
A Project Manager is the person who oversees the projects from start to finish. This means you will be in touch with clients and translators and assist in delivering the best quality translation possible.
You need to be able to manage multiple projects at the same time, following berba’s processes and methodology as well as considering each client’s needs. You have to know how to analyse a text using translation tools, evaluate its cost, quote it and keep track of it, until you deliver it along with the invoice you will have accordingly created. We are also increasingly receiving requests for translations of websites as well as of scanned documents that aren’t of excellent quality. You will need to be resourceful in finding solutions to prepare and post-edit such translations.
You need to be keen on details and make sure that the format of the texts is the same as the original while also assuring the best linguistic quality (consistency and correct use of terminology, client’s style guide correctly applied…), even when the texts are in languages you are not fluent in!
Most importantly we are looking for somebody with a can-do, problem-solving attitude, who is easy to get on with and has a smile on their face most of the time. We’re a happy and vibrant, close-knit team, and we want anybody who joins us to be of a similar vibe!
- Because we always hire better people than us.
- Because this is an opportunity to make a huge impact in the company in just a few months time.
- Because you won’t find a better place to be challenged and be part of a fun team at the same time.
- Because we are changing the translation industry and you will be a vital part of it.