Berba is an online platform that allows thousands of native translators to work with the assistance of Artificial Intelligence to translate digital content faster and with better quality.
We are a young, growing team of motivated entrepreneurs ready to take on new challenges. We hail from 4 different countries, have lived in 12, and can speak 7 different languages, so international communication is in our DNA. We want to work with likeminded people who are motivated and passionate about what they do as well.
We are currently looking for someone to join the team as a Pricing Specialist. This person would be responsible for establishing the final prices for our services, including translation, localization, interpretation, subtitling, etc.
You will bring to the table:
- Background in mathematics, statistics, economics, administration, engineering or similar.
- Previous experience working as a pricing specialist/analyst for at least 1 year.
- An analytical mind with a strategic business vision and willingness to learn and contribute new ideas.
- High expertise in Excel, including a good handle on pivot tables, macros, and programming for Visual Basic.
- A high level of oral and written English (C1)
- The ability to work across many teams, including the product, marketing, sales and finance departments to meet growth objectives.
- Familiarity with the translation sector.
Your day-to-day responsibilities:
Here are some of the tasks you’ll be responsible for on a day-to-day basis:
- Defining the optimal pricing structure for our services by word, page or minute by analyzing our business KPIs.
- Analyzing in which language combinations our pricing isn’t competitive and consistently updating our prices in tools like Excel, Holded or XTRF.
- Negotiating rates with our international community of translators.
- Defining bulk pricing and other initiatives to help build client loyalty and keep the company profitable.
- Studying our competition in different countries, defining the pricing strategy for each country, primarily in Euros (€) and dollars ($) with the possibility of adding more currencies.
- Establishing processes that help automate pricing updates.
Why choose us?
- 👩🏽🏫 Because we always hire better people than us.
- 🎯 Because this is an opportunity to make a huge impact in the company in just a few months’ time.
- 🌊 Because we love transparency and we hate bureaucracy.
- 🌍 Because we are a remote-friendly company, and we truly believe in the philosophy of flexibility & responsibility. Although you can always come to our headquarters in Bilbao.
- 🎉 Because you won’t find a better place to be challenged and be part of a fun team at the same time.
- 💰 Because we think that quality work deserves to be compensated. We can offer you around 40K salary (depending on experience).
- 💥 Because you are an empowered team member with the autonomy to deliver value and to propose improvements from a business point of view.
- 🔤 Because we are changing the translation industry, and you will be a vital part of it.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you! Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get in contact with you.
Please be sure to include the following:
- Subject: Pricing Specialist
- Tell us a bit about yourself
- Why are you interested in this position?
- Why do you think you would be perfect for this position?
- Your resume as an attachment
- Any links you consider relevant.