What we do
Berba is an online platform that allows thousands of native translators to work with the assistance of Artificial Intelligence to translate digital content faster and with better quality.
We are a young, growing team of motivated entrepreneurs ready to take on new challenges. We hail from 4 different countries, have lived in 12, and can speak 7 different languages, so international communication is in our DNA. We want to work with likeminded people who are motivated and passionate about what they do as well.
We are growing fast, and we need someone to manage the internal administrative processes of the company. Your job will be to produce quotes and invoices, do general bookkeeping and carry out daily operations regarding the company’s internal processes. You will also gather, report, and evaluate financial data that deals with management planning and control.
As a one of the earlier members of a growing startup, you will be surrounded by fast-paced professionals in one of Bilbao’s most dynamic startup hubs: Innolab.
- Proven work experience as an Accounts Administrator or similar.
- Good knowledge of bookkeeping procedures and debt collection.
- Hands-on experience of accounting software.
- Awareness of cost control and profitability.
- Knowledge of Google Sheets.
- Professional use of English.
- Proactive approach.
- Analytical and structured problem solving.
- Manage obligations to translators, customers and third-party vendors.
- Prepare, send and store invoices.
- Reconcile financial statements.
- Contact clients and send reminders to ensure timely payments.
- Identify and address discrepancies.
- Report on the status of accounts payable and receivable.
- Update internal databases and spreadsheets.
- Assist project managers in different tasks where necessary.
You need to manage invoices issued to clients and ensure prompt payment whilst chasing overdue invoices in a professional and courteous way. You would also be required to check what jobs have been carried out by translators on a monthly basis and prepare, send for digital signing, process payment and ensure an effective filing system. Data analysis and reporting of profit margins, overdue payments and reporting on overall accounts would also be required.
You need to have a keen eye for detail with the ability to identify numerical errors.
Most importantly we are looking for somebody with a can-do attitude, who is easy to get on with and has a smile on their face most of the time. We’re a happy and vibrant, close-knit team, and we want anybody who joins us to be of a similar vibe!